Monday 11 February 2013

Exciting times ahead...

So even though it is two years to our wedding I have so many ideas already about what I want and how I want things to look.

I don't know if it is a little bit old fashioned but I want my wedding to have a theme. Not that I have decided what that theme is yet but I think it will make all the decisions that much easier. Although with my luck probably not.

I don't know if any of you out there are planning a wedding at the moment but I tent to get a lot of advice from absolutely everyone. Usually I don't mind - people are just trying to be helpful. But when people start criticising every idea I have and trying to come up with their own - that's where I draw the line. It's our wedding, me and Colm and at the end of the day as long as we enjoy ourselves I don't care what people think.

Thankfully working in marketing for a wholesale retailer means I make wedding ads all the time and I get to buy every issue and magazines like "The Northern Ireland Wedding Journal" and "Getting Married In Northern Ireland" have become like my bibles.

I actually even cut pictures out of them that I like and stick them into a scrap book.

My wedding is a budget wedding. Colm and I have discussed how much we want to spend on our big day and I refuse to go over that amount. I intend to cut corners everywhere and anywhere I can from the cake to the dress!

So I plan to share everything with you from prices to mistakes I make and all in between and if anyone has any helpful suggestions they would like to share then please feel free.

xxxThanksxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment